On the B/D/F/M tracks at 34 St./Herald Square, they have these escalators that are half the width of a normal escalator. So you can’t pass people. One time I got so frustrated though that I basically climbed around someone. And then I remembered that it’s NYC and people get murdered here.
When the subway car is practically empty and yet someone chooses to sit next to me, it makes me question what I’m doing wrong as New Yorker.
I hit rock bottom yesterday…
Just in case you were wondering what I’ve been up to these last 3 months…
1. ID badge: I started a new job. My ID photo is HORRENDOUS!
2. Letter from the Department of Corrections: I committed a federal crime by opening some guy named Jose’s mail. (To be fair though, that’s how I knew he missed his court date. The lady on the phone did not appreciate that answer.)
3. Accounting textbook: I started business school! (Which is a major time suck.)
4. Closing credits to Law & Order: I watched seasons 1-8 of Law & Order (original) on Netflix direct stream.
5. Quiche: I made a quiche and it was edible!
6. Starbucks gold card: My Starbucks gold card was FINALLY delivered!
7. Bandage: I burned my arm while making the quiche. It was really gross. Like all infected and stuff.
8. To-do lists: I made LOTS of to-do lists.
I never feel so resented for existing as I do when I am at my neighborhood pharmacy attempting to fill a prescription. There is one pleasant person at the pharmacy, everyone else harbors an intense hatred for all of humanity.